Member Spotlight

LD 1843 – An Act To Allow the Secretary of State To Use an Electronic Lien Titling Program for the Purposes of the Maine Motor Vehicle Certificate of Title and Antitheft Act

Representative Michael Perkins
POSTED: January 24, 2022

SUMMARY
This bill defines the term “electronic lien titling program” under the Maine Motor Vehicle Certificate of Title and Antitheft Act as a program that permits the creation and
exchange of an electronic record for maintaining lien information. It also allows the Secretary of State to use an electronic lien titling program for the purposes of that Act.

LD 327 – An Act To Return Surplus Money to Maine Taxpayers 

Representative Jeff Hanley
POSTED: January 12, 2022

SUMMARY 

 This bill is a concept draft pursuant to Joint Rule 208. This bill proposes to distribute the funds in the State Treasury by: 1. Placing in the General Fund only the amount necessary to cover the outstanding obligations of the State required by law, such as for bond debt and payment of contracts and salaries; 2. After the transfer of funds required to meet the legal obligations of the State, distributing 75% of the remaining funds to Maine taxpayers on a pro rata basis, based on tax data for the 2020 tax year; and 3. After the transfer and the distributions, transferring the remaining 25% to the Maine Budget Stabilization Fund, also known as the Maine Rainy Day Fund.

Maine House Republicans

Read about and watch highlighted bills, sponsored by members of the House Republican Caucus, being worked on in Augusta.

Subscribe to My Blog

Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.

%d bloggers like this: